Last Updated: 8th June 2018
Who we are
We are Boam Automotive Engineering Ltd, which will be referred to as (collectively, “we”, “our” or “us”) in this document.
Registered Number: 09038574
Registered Office: Unit 7, Harvey Court, Low Willington Industrial Estate, Crook, Co. Durham, DL15 0FB
VAT Number: GB118338269
Email Address: [email protected]
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Contact Form:
- If you use our contact form to submit an enquiry, we will collect information you enter into the form (such as name, email address and phone number). We will use this data to contact you regarding your enquiry and to provide customer service.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites:
- Security Logs:
- The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.
Who we share your data with
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our web site may sometimes contain links to the sites of third parties. When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, made a purchase, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Accounts on our website require a username and a password. Users should keep their usernames and passwords secure, and never share with any third party. All passwords are hashed before they are stored in our system, meaning no-one will ever be able to see your actual password. We are not able to resend you your password due to that.
We maintain appropriate and reasonable safeguards, aimed at protecting your data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure, and thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information.
When you trust us with your data we will always keep your information secure to maintain your confidentiality. By utilising strong encryption when your information is stored or in transit we minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure; when entering information on this website, you can check this by right clicking on the padlock icon in the address bar.
Storage of information. This website hosting operations are based in the UK and we store most of our data within the European Union (EU). Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer data outside the European Economic Area but we’ll only allow this if your data is adequately protected. Some of our social media channels are provided by US companies and whilst it is our policy that we prefer data hosting and processing to remain on EU-based solutions, it may be that using their products results in data transfer to the USA. However we only allow this when we certain it will be adequately protected. (e.g. US Privacy Shield or Standard EU contractual clauses).
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. This Policy only applies to information collected by this website. We have no control over these third party websites, and your use of third party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third party websites linked to this website. Your use of third parties’ websites linked to this website is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third party websites when you leave our website.
Changes to this Policy
Although most changes are likely to be minor, we may change this Policy from time to time, and in our sole discretion. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to the website’s Policy. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the top. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using the Site. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of the Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy or information we have collected about you, please send us an email at [email protected]. We will aim to respond to all queries within 30 days.
What to do if you’re not happy. In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissions Office (ICO) if you have any questions about Data Protection. You can contact them using their help line 0303 123 113 or at www.ico.org.uk.